Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Killing Joke, "Let's All Go (To The Fire Dances)"



I was going to write a more substantial post, but I ended up sticking around after band practice for longer than I'd thought. So, to be brief, here's a really cool video by The Killing Joke, an old favorite of mine who've recently become one of the biggest influences on my band. I've mentioned them here a lot, but never actually posted on them!

This is the catchiest track from their fourth album, the first after their early "classic" period with the original lineup. Later Killing Joke doesn't get that much love, but I've lately been realizing it's just as good as their canonical stuff (in its own way). "Let's All Go" is clearly a kind of pop song, but it retains the strange, deep harmonies of Revelations, along with their famous "tribal" pounding and their pagan exuberance. It blows my mind that a major label put this out. Speaking of which, sorry about the Vevo bullshit. I wanted you to see the video.

2 comments:

  1. Hell yes Killing Joke. A lot of that new Amebix reminds me of Killing Joke too, which is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This band was really cool once upon the time, but don't forget The Fall and Wire for good brit post-punk!

    ReplyDelete