Thursday, December 15, 2011

This is the correct attitude



Chugga chugga chugga chugga chugga EAUUGH! If you like palm mutes and neat melodic riffs and cool brutal vocals you should like this song by Abhor (Pol). More death metal should sound like this. Just stumbled across it on Youtube, and felt compelled to share. It's the only thing I've heard that sounds like the chugging drone-death of Trial By Ordeal standbys Armoured Angel. A kind of dead end on the genre's evolutionary tree, and one that deserves revisiting.

I just downloaded the 1993 demo that this is on, but haven't listened to it, and probably won't before I go to bed. Maybe the rest of it's complete shit, but I doubt it. It's not like this is in print or anything, so here's the link. Tell me if it's any good.

No comments:

Post a Comment