Thursday, September 1, 2011

Necrovore, "Divus de Mortuus"



Review coming tomorrow night. I got tired of staring at my computer screen, and took a walk by the river instead. To tide you over, here's some primitive extreme metal spewed forth from Texas in 1987. Necrovore usually gets tagged as death metal, and that's fair enough, but I think they're every bit as much a black metal band. To prove my point, I've chosen the weirdest song from their demo. Sounds a bit like Under A Funeral Moon era Darkthrone, right? Listen for the breakdown at 1:34. That shit slays.

6 comments:

  1. Unholy fuck, where has this band been my whole life? Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I remember there being rumors of this band reuniting/writing new material/playing shows not too too long ago, any word on that? It would be cool to hear more from these guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Ido: Necrovore has always been one of those sick bands that for some reason I don't listen to very often, so I'm glad this has found its target audience!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Dragunov: Haven't heard anything myself, but I'll keep my ear to the ground. Seeing as their old scene buddies/rivals Morbid Angel have just bitten the dust, it'd be the perfect time for Necrovore to step back into the fray and carry on the legacy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I reread the interview where I had originally heard of new material in the works (http://www.voicesfromthedarkside.de/interviews/necrovore.htm), and it was dated a few years ago, so I'm not sure if there are still plans to release anything new or play live...I'll keep my fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. abortive reunions are a bummer! i'm still hoping for that new Dawn album...

    ReplyDelete