Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Lol I'm in another band


Well, technically speaking, I'm not IN the band I'm referring to here- I'm just doing live vocals for Extremely Rotten on the above tour. Yep, your illustrious provider of poorly thought out musical opinions and navel-gazing ruminations on just what Devourment means to the existentialist is going on tour, and even better yet: I'm going to keep a tour diary on the blog here so you get a first-hand chance to see what it's like to tour in an underground metal band. I figure it'll be a good opportunity for the average metalhead to see what touring is exactly like: no bullshit, no censoring, every cool and obnoxious part of it.

It also goes without saying that anyone located near the above shows is definitely welcome to come out, say hi, and talk about metal. In fact, at the New York date, there's gonna be an informal little get together of myself, Pavel, and some regular readers of Trial By Ordeal. It's going to be a sick night and I hope that any NY readers out there can make it out.

14 comments:

  1. (Note that the NY show is actually at the Bowery Electric- the flyer is incorrect.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to the tour diary. Please ensure it contains all the lurid backstage and after party details (with accompanying photos) that we shut-ins crave.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who the fuck would want to meet such a faggot like you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol u mad cuz i'm getting paid

    ReplyDelete
  5. enough to pay for the gas to get to the next city?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll be at the Philly show, I for one look forward to meeting such a faggot like you

    ReplyDelete
  7. it's funny he mentioned navel-gazing, when I saw him here in Jax, I felt as though my own navel was swelling to the brim with a lake of fire-lust, which can only mean that he shall be mine, and all mine - I knew at that moment that I would kill him before I would let anybody else have him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Noktorn has truly transcended the limits of death metal, and prefers now to simply be associated with xtreme metal, with an X.

    ReplyDelete
  9. jake is actually a sick dude regardless of novel-length schizophrenic word salad posts about christianity. also his power metal band is ill. definitely gonna have a review up for that shit within a couple days.

    ReplyDelete
  10. also philly dude, good to hear you're coming out, definitely come up to me and let me know who you are so you don't get lost in the shuffle, we can talk about overly complicated theories regarding funeral doom and shit

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh, it is educational, sweet Nokky, if the people refuse to be educated, sometimes the education must be brought to them!

    further, I shall unfortunately be wasting time doing work while you get to vomit hosts of entrails upon an all-too-suspecting audience, and maybe a girl or two. A wise man once said: be bludgeonous to one another.

    ReplyDelete
  12. For the underprivileged, I shall now describe the vocal of Noktorn to you as a brilliant fusion of delivery which brings the brutality of early Nile to a headpoint with the soul of Maroon 5. In other words, absolutely essential listening, next to the newest Immolation. Unless you're some elitist who just wants to hear a massive dose of gut-gurgling brutality, but then, you'd also be pretty well served.

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh yeah, if you got any essential tour-ish needs that require any assistance to acquire, just give me a call and I'll see what I can do before you gotta gooooo

    ReplyDelete
  14. lol i'm in another band. or some junk. or something. whatever.
    (PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO ME)

    ReplyDelete