Sunday, July 17, 2011

Cool shit coming up



Sorry for the long gap in posting, Noktorn is touring (playing NYC tonight) and I haven't been home much this weekend. I'm actually at work so I can't write a long post, but we'll be back at full strength tomorrow. Coming soon: reviews of Dethroned Emperor's devastating War Grind Hell EP, the debut tape demo of Atlanta noise/industrial band Men's Room, a "Get Into" on a ripping war metal band that more people need to hear, a review of Underage's Italian noisecore classic, Africani, Marocchini, Terroni, and a review of the new Ringworm album Scars (for which I have high hopes). And those are just my own posts!

To make up for the lapse in communications, I give you this: Black Mass of Absu. Why doesn't more black metal sound like this?

6 comments:

  1. so the vocals just go Arrrggghhhh all the way?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes! if they were playing fast that might be a problem, but i think at this crawling tempo, and with music this totally insane, i think it works wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spooky sounding band. It's good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this. I read this is considered black/doom metal, but to me it sounds more like the soundtrack of some Italian horror movie. Sans the funk ofcourse, but with the bombastic insanity switch cranked up to eleven.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah, whatever it is it's definitely not doom... your description sounds spot on, but i've actually never seen a giallo or listened to Goblin and the others. things i've been meaning to do... recommendations would be appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did that Ringworm review ever get finished? I'd love to hear what you guys thought of it.

    ReplyDelete