Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Decapitated literally turns into Emmure on new album



This is just splendid. This brings a smile to my face in a way that only burning orphanages typically do. I've never liked Decapitated, and I particularly never liked the crazy revisionist history surrounding them post-Vitek, so it's pretty satisfying to see them turn into a hardcore band. I'd always jokingly called Decapitated a bad death metal band who did a good deathcore song one time ('Spheres of Madness'); I had no idea it would end up becoming this true.

Wait, I forgot. It's exactly like Emmure except I like Emmure. This just brings schadenfreude to a totally new level.

10 comments:

  1. I actually really love decapitated... so this really hurts my feelings. ew. ew... god fucking shit balls cock ass. fuck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man...calling this "hardcore" is offensive

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yeah... heres the cover art...
    http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/227158_10150243527705991_11960700990_9157665_5529902_n.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  4. then they play one chord for 5 minutes

    ReplyDelete
  5. so it not only sounds like korn, it looks like it...

    ReplyDelete
  6. WHAT THE FUCK YOU ALL HEARD
    WE'RE DECAPITATED FROM POLAND MOTHERFUCKERS
    YA'LL IN THE BACK BETTER STAND THE FUCK UP
    THIS SHIT'S CALLED 404 AND I WANT EVERY ONE OF YOU MOTHERFUCKERS TEARING THIS SHIT UP

    ReplyDelete
  7. the opening part sounds more like sepultura's roots to me

    ReplyDelete
  8. ah but at that point sepultura were already hanging out with jonathan davis and shit. actually i think korn had some cool tracks, shitty aesthetic notwithstanding, but sounding LIKE korn is never a good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha oh man, that it so terrible it's entertaining. Those early riffs sound like 90's Groove Metal 101, the sort of stuff Machine Head would be proud to play. The ending solo is pretty much glued on to the end because... well, just because.

    I'm almost tempted to listen to this album when it leaks because I'm morbidly curious as to whether they're going down the deathcore road, or are going to throw some nu-metal tendencies in for good measure. Although I have to admit that it's mostly the album art that gives me that latter impression.

    ReplyDelete